The Laboratory for Enterprise Knowledge and Systems (LEKS) was created in November 1999, as spin-off of Data and Knowledge Bases research area of IASI-CNR.
The main goals of LEKS are to experiment scientific results, participate both to national and international projects and test software tools. Currently, LEKS research interests are focused on the themes of Semantic Web and Knowledge Representation and Management.
The principal fields of interest of LEKS are:
- Business process modeling
- Enterprise modeling
- Groupware and cooperation technologies
- Knowledge Management systems
- Knowledge Representation methods
- Ontology Representation and Management
- Prototyping of experimented applications of Enterprise Ontologies
- Semantic Annotation
- Semantic Interoperability
- Semantic Query and Retrieval
- Semantic Reconciliation
- Semantic Web